I decided to put this list together to help those who would like an idea of what to get their outdoorsmen and women for Christmas, for a birthday or for any other special occasion.
I decided to put this list together to help those who would like an idea of what to get their outdoorsmen and women for Christmas, for a birthday or for any other special occasion.For the Stocking Stuffer - they don't cost much money, but these items are sure appreciated.
1. Long nosed pliers to remove hooks
2. A sharpening stone to sharpen hooks
3. An ice scoop, we can never have too many of these
4. New fishing line is always welcomed
5. Fishing bells to signal a bite
6. A filleting knife
Thinking of Spinning Rods and Reels
1. If your angler likes to catch trout or whitefish, look to a medium or a medium light action rod from 6'6" to 7'6
2. If your angler likes to catch walleye and pike, move up to a medium action rod and keep to the 6'0" to the 7' range
3. If your angler loves to use big stuff to catch real big fish like pike and lake trout, insist on picking up a medium heavy rod, again in the 6' to 7' range.
4. The rod really is the critical component. When that's bought, the Fishin' Hole staff can outfit you with a matching spinning reel and line.
Going Ice Fishing
1. A manual 6" ice auger if all I'm trying to catch is perch
2. A manual 8" ice auger if I'm trying to catch anything else
3. A power 8" ice auger if the budget can afford it - it is a godsend for the ice fishermen and women
4. A small catalytic heater to keep hands and feet warm
5. A pop up tent, either one man or two man to go ice fishing in comfort
6. A tip up for pike<
7. Did I mention an ice scoop?
8. A five gallon plastic pail to haul the gear out in
The Fancy Toys
1. A portable depth sounder when ice fishing to locate drop offs and find places fish like to hang out
2. An Aqua Vu to lower down and watch the fish. This underwater fish TV is especially good when ice fishing.
3. A GPS to mark those secret fishing spots
4. A Leatherman multi purpose tool
About Fishing Hooks
No one angler's tast in hooks or flies is the same, so rather than even try, save yourself time and energy and instead pick up a Fishin' Hole gift certificate. That way that special someone can pick out exactly what they want and you'll have accomplished your goal. Merry Christmas everyone.